ADAM CARROLL joins the short list of down-home storytellers taking events of ordinary lives and turning them into deeply moving, often humorous songs. FAR AWAY BLUES is tellingly introspective with the signature melodic invention and commanding poetic voice that earned SOUTH OF TOWN and LOOKIN' OUT THE SCREEN DOOR nationwide rave reviews and considerable airplay. ADAM CARROLL is already a major artist in Texas; FAR AWAY BLUES is taking that buzz across America and this spring, to Europe.
As with CARROLL's other studio albums produced by LLOYD MAINES, FAR AWAY BLUES projects the warmth of a living room get together, down to the brief spoken introductions Carroll gives to each song.
CARROLL cut most of the basic tracks – Guitar, Harmonica, and Vocals – in one take, aiming for a live concert feel. RAY WYLIE HUBBARD makes a guest appearance by on "LAST DAY OF GRACE" a tune he co-wrote with CARROLL. TERRI HENDRIX provides backing vocals. RAY DAVIDSON, Carroll's grandfather plays sax and LLOYD MAINES, pedal steel. RICHARD BOWDEN adds fiddles and cello.
FAR AWAY BLUES nudges CARROLL's sound in new directions, but the focus remains on his songwriting and warm, easygoing vocals. Even when dealing with heartache and hardship, CARROLL's basic goodness and generosity of spirit comes shining though. FAR AWAY BLUES is an album that will grow on you, revealing new levels of insight and musicianship with every listen.
1 Followers See all
- Blondie and Dagwood - Adam Carroll
- Red Bandanna Blues - Adam Carroll
- Errol's Song - Adam Carroll
- The Band Wagon: Dancing in the Dark (arr. for...
- Girl with the Dirty Hair - Adam Carroll
- On your Toes: There's a small hotel (arr. for...
- Far Away Blues - Adam Carroll
- Home Again - Adam Carroll
- Low in the Mountains - Adam Carroll
- Adam Carroll - Ol' Milwaukee's Best - Adam Ca...
- Upcoming Events
No events at this time.
- Past Events