Amanda Palmer is the singer and pianist of The Dresden Dolls. Born in 1976, she grew up in Lexington, Massachusetts and received her B.A. from Wesleyan University. She attended Lexington High School, where she was very involved in the drama department. Amanda sometimes has Lexington High School students perform drama pieces at her shows. Before she was in the Dresden Dolls she was in a band called “Amanda Palmer and the Void”. In October of 2000 she met Brian Viglione, a drummer; together they formed the Dresden Dolls.In the 2005 WNFX/Boston Phoenix Best Music Poll Amanda Palmer won Best Female Vocalist. Amanda has performed as a living statue called “The Eight Foot Bride” in Harvard Square as well as in many other locations. Her solo album entitled “Who killed Amanda Palmer” was released in September 2008, and was produced by Ben Folds, who is also appearing on the album. Zoë Keating also appears on several tracks. Listen at Last.fm
101 Followers See all
- Oasis - Amanda Palmer
- Runs in the Family - Amanda Palmer
- Guitar Hero - Amanda Palmer
- Bad Wine And Lemon Cake (With The Jane Austen...
- Ampersand - Amanda Palmer
- Astronaut: A Short History of Nearly Nothing ...
- Mother (Pink Floyd) - Amanda Palmer
- High and Dry - Amanda Palmer
- Fake Plastic Trees - Amanda Palmer
- Leeds United - Amanda Palmer
- Upcoming Events
No events at this time.
- Past Events