Drawing from classic songsters like Brian Wilson to basement recording mavericks like Elliott Smith, Jeremy Messersmith writes small, thoughtfully crafted songs. Based out of Minneapolis, Minnesota, Jeremy’s latest record, The Alcatraz Kid, features memorable lyrics and irresistible melodies in a bargain basement wrapper. Originally hailing from the deserts of southern Washington State, Jeremy moved to Minneapolis in 1999 and studied music at North Central University, eventually graduating in 2002. An audit of a songwriting course sparked Jeremy’s interest in songwriting and soon he began to experiment with styles and genres. After playing in a few local bands, Messersmith started playing solo shows in the fall of 2004 and handing out free copies of his music: intriguingly packaged in a brown paper bag. The Paper Bag soon caught the attention of Minneapolis based Princess Records, who released the long awaited full length record in Fall 2006. Jeremy is currently touring to support The Alcatraz Kid as well as working on a follow up record with local producer Dan Wilson (Semisonic, Trip Shakespeare). http://jeremymessersmith.com/about.htm Listen at Last.fm
42 Followers See all
- A Girl, a Boy, and a Graveyard - Jeremy Messe...
- Love You To Pieces - Jeremy Messersmith
- Tomorrow - Jeremy Messersmith
- Dead End Job - Jeremy Messersmith
- Repo Man - Jeremy Messersmith
- Toussaint Grey First In Life And Death - Jere...
- John the Determinist - Jeremy Messersmith
- Scientists - Jeremy Messersmith
- A Girl, A Boy And A Graveyard - Jeremy Messer...
- Great Times - Jeremy Messersmith
- Upcoming Events
No events at this time.
- Past Events