The Strange Boys
Playing 1960s Nuggets that belie their age, the Strange Boys quickly inserted themselves in Austin’s garage rock and pop revival of the mid millennium alongside bands like The Black and The Ugly Beats. Beginning as a duo in 2001, the Dallas group congealed into its current quartet of brothers Ryan and Philip Sambol alongside Matt Hammer and Greg Enlow in 2004. The following year brought the release of their appropriately titled debut EP, States Newest Noise Makers, Ryan’s slurred, slacker vocals texturing their classic riffs and rhythms. Moving to Austin in late 2006, the group began recording their first LP with Gris Gris man Greg Ashley. Second EP Nothing came out as a 7-inch fall 2007 on Dusty Medical Records. Listen at Last.fm
413 Followers See all
- Take It To The Lake - The Strange Boys
- I Am To The Railroad What It Is To Me - The S...
- This Girl Taught Me A Dance - The Strange Boys
- Probation Blues - The Strange Boys
- MLKs - The Strange Boys
- Over the River and Through the Woulds - The S...
- Art For Art's Sake - The Strange Boys
- We Both Know - The Strange Boys
- A Walk On The Beach - The Strange Boys
- Upcoming Events
No events at this time.
- Past Events