- Event Details
THE FINALIST RESULTS ARE IN: Finalists Little Brave, Soul Track Mind, Larry g(EE), theRESPONSE, Dirty River Boys, Vallejo and Tje Austin will compete on June 16th in Austin!
Band Of The Year 2012 is set to become the premier US competitive event for bands of all genres. The contest is backed by Formula Expo, the kick-off event for the Formula 1 United States Grand Prix™, and is attracting the best bands around to compete for the title of Band of the Year, as chosen by a select panel of international judges from across the entertainment industry.
The top six finalists selected from three semi-final heats across Texas will perform and compete at Austin City Limits Live at the Moody Theater in Austin on Saturday June 16 for the title Band of the Year 2012. Finalists LittleBrave, Soul Track Mind, Larry g(EE), theRESPONSE, Dirty River Boys and Vallejo will compete in front of 2,700 fans, agents, producers and industry celebrities for the chance to win top prizes and play in front of 130,000 new fans during race week of the Formula 1 United States Grand Prix™ in November 2012. Following the finale, our guests Ginger Leigh, Patrice Pike, John Pointer, Guy Forsyth, and Wendy Colonna will perform an exhilarating, power-packed ultimate Austin concert!
Be a Part of Something AMAZING
The Band of the Year 2012 semi-finals are underway, and the calibre and energy of the competing bands is surpassing everyone’s expectations.
Come along to the remaining semi finals at Stubb’s, Austin on June 5, or the House of Blues, Houston on June 6 and experience what the excitement is all about. The final at Austin City Limits Live at the Moody Theater on June 16 promises to be the Ultimate Night of Austin Music, with the finalists being supported by the best established local musicians.
Band of the Year will broaden its scope beyond Texas in 2013, and will become a national event in 2014. Don’t miss this opportunity to experience the start of something BIG!
High Calibre of Entries
Band of the Year 2012 has attracted an impressive number of high calibre entries, many of whom are poised to break through nationally and internationally. This page shows pictures of the first semi-final in Dallas, and gives a feel for the diversity of band who have entered.
Semi-finalists for this year include: Vallejo, Larry g(EE), The PHUSS, The RESPONSE, Dimitri’s Rail, Mike Milligan & The Altar BoyZ, Dawn Maracle Experience, Haydn Vitera, Little Brave 24-7, Jess & The Echoes, Samuel Davidson Project, Soul Track Mind, Karl Morgan Band, BK & Mr. E, Les Rav, Dirty River Boys, Tje Austin, The Greatcoats, Both Feet, and Soundwave.
How is the Winner Chosen?
Band of the Year has three stages:
- Bands submitted a set of original songs for the first round of reviews by our judges.
- Judges selected Bands to perform in qualifying events at venues in Austin, Dallas, and Houston.
- Winners of the qualifiers perform in front of 2,700 fans, VIPs and celebrities at Austin City Limits Live at The Moody Theater, where the “Band Of The Year 2012” will be selected by the judges.
What Do the Bands Win?
- The six finalists play at Austin City Limits Live at the Moody Theatre in front of a full house and guest artists.
- Bands gain exposure to a judging panel comprising Producers, Venue Owners, Musicians, Celebrities and Members of the public.
- The extensive press, TV web and social media marketing the events will receive ensures the bands profile will grow.
- The final will be recorded using the venue’s multi-million dollar equipment, and all finalists receive a recording for their own use.
- The winning band will be crowned “Band of the Year 2012”, and will receive a $1,000 cash prize, free gear, extensive press coverage and given the opportunity to play during race week of the Formula 1 United States Grand Prix in Austin, which will be attended by over 130,000 new fans.
You must Login to post comments.