Moving Difference Project
Wed. 06/20 | 3:00PM - Fri. 09/21 @ Austin
Wed. 06/20 | 3:00PM - Fri. 09/21 @ Austin
Moving Difference Summer 2012
The Goal: One Amazing Summer 2012!!
The Plan: From June 20, 2012 to September 21, 2012, with our friends and family & your friends and family, we become a Moving Difference. On September 21, 2012, no matter where in the world we are, we all watch that sunset together.
What is a Moving Difference? Glad you ask. It is spending at least an hour a week all summer long getting out there and moving to help someone or something in your community. It is picking up trash at the park, it is reading books to sick kids, it is handing water out to the homeless, it is gathering a group of friends to paint over graffiti, it is finally cleaning out that monster of a closet and get those clothes to charity, it is volunteering with your group or church, it is planting some flowers for an older neighbor, it is making dinner for a shut-in, it is walking dogs at the shelter, it is a garage sale with proceeds going to charity, it is anything and everything that gets you out moving and helping your community in any form or fashion.
How do I do Moving Difference? Easy!
• Join the Moving Difference on Facebook. This is your way to connect with people like you wanting to be a Moving Difference. It will have tips, suggestions and fun items for the entire summer. There is both a Moving Difference Facebook Page (http://www.facebook.com/pages/Moving-Difference/457038127655525) to like as well as a Moving Difference Facebook Group to join (http://www.facebook.com/?ref=tn_tnmn#!/groups/260887837341921/ ).
• Pick something that you want to do in your community to help out. Commit to doing it at least an hour a week or 12 hours over this summer. You can do the same thing all summer or 12 different things. The choice of what to do is completely yours! (If you need help picking something, just ask!)
• Then DO IT!! Get out there and become that Moving Difference. Even invite some of your friends and family to join you when you do the Moving Difference activity.
• And of course, when you have done it – come back to the Moving Difference on Facebook and tell us what you did! This way everybody’s hours get logged and we can all inspire each other to get out there. You can even post an "action" photo!!
• Aren’t on Facebook? That’s cool, you can follow Moving Difference on twitter (@movingdifferenc) or be part of the action with http://movingdifference.wordpress.com or even email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What’s the result? If everything goes as planned, together we will have done 1000 hours of Moving Difference (or maybe more depending on how many people get involved!)- Think about it – 1000 hours of actually helping our communities, preventing just another “boring” summer, getting out there are moving ourselves (despite the hot and sticky) and we will have enjoyed one amazing summer together and one perfect sunset!! That is pretty cool!!
Can I invite my friends and families get involved in the Moving Difference? YES and please!! Everybody is welcomed to be a Moving Difference. Please help us to help get the word out on this awesome project!! This project is truly about sharing the experience of getting out there and moving and being part of the world.
What about this sunset thing? It is a sweet way to end being part of Moving Difference and the Summer 2012! This will be an once-in-a-lifetime sunset! No matter where in the world you are, stopping and enjoying the sunset of September 21, 2012. It’s the last day of summer and the perfect way to reflect on an amazing project that we all did together.
Other stuff to know: It seems simple because it is. This isn’t a corporate ad trick, bleeding hearts pleads or anything like that. It is just humans, in our own little way trying to do our little part and make the world a better place. We aren’t asking for the moon or your money, we are inviting you to spend some of your time to be a difference with us by moving. An hour a week for twelve weeks means 83 people like you and us can easily do a 1000 hours!! And we know life happens, so if you can’t do one week, do it the next – just keep moving and just keep being a difference.
And one other thing: We know that money is tight, times are tough for many people and we appreciate you simply taking the time. Whatever you do as part of Moving Difference over this summer, THANKS!!
You must Login to post comments.
Copyright © 2013 Do512. All rights reserved.