For over 10 years, we have served Austin as the best source of information for happy hours, parties, shows and ways to awesome stuff in Austin. Our team includes a cast of people just trying to have a good time in their city. We are music lovers, film nerds, parents, sports fans and your best friends. We like to throw the best parties and are usually the last man standing at yours. Over 350,000 people use our site each month to discover, promote and share events. Making a Do512 and downloading our app is FREE and it allows you to enter hundreds of ticket giveaways and exclusive prizes, as well as be the first to receive notifications when shows from your favorite artists are announced. Party better, y'all.
- Where Our Events Come From
- How They're Ranked
- How To Add An Event
- Event Adding Tips
- How Do I Edit My Profile
- Do512 All-Stars
- RSVPS & Giveaways
- Top Picks
- Want To Write For Us?
- Contact Us
Where our events come from:
The events on Do512 come from a number of places. We pull shows from band and venue websites and scour the Internet ceaselessly looking for unique events. Cool fact: You, as our users, can also add events to the site yourself. Or, just send us a press release and we'll get it up for you. Submit event requests and adding event permissions to [email protected].
HOW EVENTS ARE RANKED:
Calendar events make it on our front page based on popular vote and recommendations made by select tastemakers in town (who we'll explain more about below). To vote for an event, simply click the "upvote" button on the event listing. The more people vote for an event, the more popular it will become. The most voted on events will naturally rise to the top!
HOW TO ADD AN EVENT:
Make sure you're logged in first, and you have contacted our Content Manager for adding permissions ([email protected]). Next, click on the "My512" dropdown and select "Add an event."
Then, fill in the blanks! You can also upload pictures or posters associated with the event. Finally, click the big ADD IT button at the bottom and Voila!
Once the event has been created you will be able to add in a description!
*Please note, due to an influx of spammers, Do512 must grant event editing permissions to users who wish to add events. Register to the site and simply send us an email at CM(at)Do512(dot)com and request editing permissions!
Here are some tips for making your event listing as effective as possible:
- Do not put the date, location, or time in the title: You are already letting everyone know the when, where, and why in the other fields. Let the title stand out!
- You should also leave the presenter out of the title, we have a special place for that too!
- Choose the Repeat Weekly option only if it is the exact same event on the same day every week: If there are different acts or happenings that you want to specify, it's better to make an individual event each week to make sure everyone knows what kind of awesomeness they are in for.
- On that note, do not put an end date for an event unless it is multiple days. If you put the end date at a later time of the same day, it will get lost at sea in the listings.
- Type slowly in the band and venue fields and take our suggestions in the drop down box: We have hundreds of bands, artists and venues on file, each with pages and videos connected to them, all at your disposal.
- Go nuts on the HTML: Are you a code guru? Our description box supports basic html. Get creative!
- Add a photo: As much as we like our logo or some of the venue logos, people much rather see a visual representation of your event. You have two spots for images: the poster image, which will be located at the bottom of the event and the photo image, which becomes the background image behind the title. We recommend the photo image be 1200px wide and 450px high for the best quality.
*Background photos with text on them will be replaced with a nice text-free photo
Please contact [email protected] for help with adding and editing events.
HOW DO I EDIT MY PROFILE:
1. Log in To Do512.
2. Click My Profile
3. Under your name Click 'Edit Profile'
*Remember that keeping an updated profile with a valid email address, a good photo, and regular event picks greatly enhance your chances of winning contests!
Are you an artist/band wanting to update your info? Email [email protected] and we'll get you covered!
Need more info on artist profiles on Do512? Head HERE!
DO512'S ALL STARS:
Our tastemakers are the lifeblood for all the cool stuff happening around the city. They're the local media: bloggers, promoters, artists... Essentially, they're the DO-ers in Austin who make it their job to get you off your ass and into the night. They're so damn good at it, we gave them a voice on Do512. Their votes and events are featured below the event listings for you to see and follow; they'll make sure you're in the know! Follow them and reap the benefits of their friendship: Do Austin.
RSVP to 300+ parties during SXSW for free entry, as well as shows throught the year to not only get your name on the list, but to make the event organically more popular on the site so more friends can join!
If you enter a ticket giveaway on Do512 and WIN, you will receive an email notification no later than 24 hours before the show. If you've won a contest via our Facebook or Twitter pages, we'll tag you in the winning post no later than 24 hours prior to the show. Please reply to the post confirming or telling us how awesome we are (preferably the latter). That way, we know you're coming!
Still need help planning your week? Then be sure to subscribe to our daily Top Picks emails where you will receive the latest announcements, giveaways & more!
WANT TO WRITE FOR US?
Send an email to [email protected] including your qualifications, as well as 2-3 writing samples.
To give us your 2 cents: [email protected]
To advertise: [email protected]
For internships: [email protected]
For editorial concerns: [email protected]
For marketing opportunities: [email protected]
For event listing assistance: [email protected]